House Manufacturing & Construction
The German Homes process of planning and building your own individual and low energy / passive home explained ...
If you plan to build your home on the values of good design, reliability and sustainability - German Homes is your construction partner. We have a proven track-record of building A-rated homes to budget and on time - hassle free. The result is a comfortable and cosy living environment with the house design as well as interior finishes & styles according to the customers own wishes and choices. The construction of a turn-key-finished home will depend on the house size and complexity. It usually takes from commencing erection on site until the house is ready for occupation between 8 to 12 weeks. The entire process from agreement on your house plans & designs until the turn-key-finish hand-over of your home - can be achieved within six months.
The different stages to your dream home from the start:
- Contact us for a free consultation and to arrange a personal meeting with our representative. In the personal conversation, we will answer the questions you have, discuss your proposed and individual building project as well as explain our construction method and processes.
- We will calculate free of charge a quotation-offer for you - based on your wishes and the discussed specifications.
- After receiving and excepting our quotation-offer, a contract is signed. Herewith we commit ourself to a fixed price guarantee.
- You are invited to our showroom & sampling centre in lovely Bavaria/Southern Germany. There you will choose your house fittings and finishes - according to your own individual tast. As our guests, we will pay for the trip and will dry our upmost best to make it an unforgettable experience of a lifetime. For more information and pictures of our showroom & sampling centre - click here
- After deciding all the technical aspekts, interior fittings & finishes as well as the house and room layouts - our architects will created full production drawings and begin a short time later with the actual production of your home.
- In our state-of-the-art production facility, we precisely engineer all house elements. Computerised machines and traditional craftsmenship goes hand in hand. We expect nothing short of a top quality product ourself. In this enclosed production environment we are able to control the high quality manufacturing finishes that we and our customers are striving for.
- In the meantime, the foundation/basement are laid eighter by your own contractor or by us. We will pre-inspect the site and foundation/basement before the house construction elements arrive on site. All involved parties (e.g. architects etc.) are briefed about the time schedule of the building process.
- Afte successfull inspection of the site and foundation, the house assebly commences. The house elements will be loaded onto articulated lorries and delivered to the site.
Site construction commences:
Day 1 - 5
- Assembly of closed-panel wall and house construction on site. House is right from the start secure and lockable as well as weather proofed cealed.
Day 5 - 7
- Fascia, sofits, gutters and roof coverings are fitted.
Week 7 - 11
- External finishes completed e.g. stone or brick , wooden cladding , coloured render etc.
- Internal finishes completed e.g. first and second fixing (carpentry work)
- Wall, ceiling and floor finishes (e.g. tiles, carpets, painting, etc.) completed
- Electrical-, Heating- and sanitary installations fitted
- Kitchen and items like bathroom fittings fitted and mounted (e.g. mirrow, toilet paper holder, sanitary ware etc.)
- Finishing touches to house completed
Week 8 -12
- Final house inspection with quality control conductred.
- House handed over to new and proud owner of a German Homes.
German passive houses, passivehouses, passivehouse, passive house, passive home, passivehome, passive homes, passivehomes, passiv haus, a rated, a-rated, energy efficient homes, energy efficient houses,energy-efficient homes, energy-efficient houses, zero carbon, low carbon, sustainable homes, low energy homes, low energy houses, german homes, german houses, german timber frame, german timberframe